Thursday, February 19, 2009

LEARNING][TEACHING

Yesterday the Patrick's 4th year class had the chance to put into action some learning styles. We were able to use Learning by Teaching. We went to the first year’s studio and had desk critiques with them then we presented in front of their entire class. I had the opportunity to critique Kristina's, Tristan's, and Brittany's work. Each of their projects were unique and very well crafted. I enjoyed looking at what they came up with and the reasoning behind their designs. Kristina had a model of contrast. She chose to use board that was dark on one side and white on the other. She put 2 triangles on the edges. The reasoning behind that was because there were 2 points to her story. I suggested to her to think about literally having 2 points on your project, and think about changing the colors around to lead the eye from one side to the next. Tristan had hierarchy for his model. I really enjoyed this one because it seemed so delicate yet so powerful. With him a girl Vanessa and I talked to him about thinking of how you will approach with pathway, whether it will be moving away from you or coming from the other direction coming right over you. Brittany was the last one I spoke with, the model that I felt strongly about was her balance model. She had these stairs that went up and every other one was white or black. I suggested that she thing about the direction the model was moving in and think about the different shapes that can be made from the story. My over all opinion about the whole thing was that it was very helpful for me and for each of them. I would have to say I probably got as much out of it as they did. It made me think of different ways to look at the projects that are put in front of us each year and for the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment